Promoted Post Access will allow Marketers in the system to promote posts on your behalf from the content you create in the platform. What does this do? This will generate more engagement and views to your post and hopefully your page as well. When connecting your Instagram for Promoted Post access, please make sure you have already connected your Facebook page to the platform.
When submitting a request for Marketer access, please note that this action can only be taken from the desktop version and is not accessible from a mobile device.
1. Once logged into your account click on your Avatar at the top and select Connections. If you are already on your Connections Dashboard, skip to step 2.
2. Locate your Instagram Connection and select View Details.
3. Select the Promoted Posts tab.
4. Once you select your Facebook page, you will be presented with one of the following options depending on your Instagram and Facebook page connection.
4a. If you have not connected your Facebook page to Facebook Business manager you will be promoted to connect them. From this point you will need to log into your Personal Facebook page with Administrative access to your Facebook page. This article will walk you through connecting your Facebook page to the Facebook Business Manager.
4b. If you have not connected your Instagram to your Facebook page, you will be prompted to connect them. From this point you will need to log into your Personal Facebook page with Administrative access to your Facebook pages. You can do this by clicking the name of your Facebook Page.
You will then be taken to your Instagram Settings in your Facebook Settings where you can follow the steps below to connect.
After selecting Done on your Instagram Settings, navigate back to the platform and click Request Access.
Once the access has been requested, you will be ready to participate in Promoted Posts.
4c. If you have connected your Instagram to your Facebook page and have your Business Manager set up correctly, the system will detect this connection and you will already be set up for Promoted Posts.
5. Once you have received the You're All Set notification, you will be ready to participate in Promoted Posts.