Now that you have connected your Facebook page and Instagram to the system, you can set up Promoted Post Access. This option will allow Marketers to promote posts on your behalf from the content you create for Projects in the system. Not only will this option generate more engagement and views to your post, but hopefully your page as well!
Connect Your Facebook Page To Your Instagram Account
First, you will need to connect your Instagram account and Facebook Page to each other from either your Instagram settings or your Facebook Page settings. The following articles will help you with how to connect your Instagram and Facebook Page together:
Requesting Access From The System
When granting permission for Promoted Posts access, this action can only be taken from a desktop browser and is not accessible from mobile devices.
1. On a desktop browser, navigate to your account in the system and log in. From your account, click Connections.
2. Locate your Instagram connection and click View Details > Promoted Posts > and select your Facebook Page from the dropdown provided.
3. Once you select your Facebook Page, you will be presented with one of the following options depending on your current connection.
3a. If you have already provided Promoted Posts access to your Facebook Page and also connected your Instagram to your Facebook Page, the system will detect this and you will be all set up.
3b. If you have not yet set up your Facebook Page for Promoted Posts access, you will be promoted to do so. From here, you will need to navigate to facebook.com and log in as the Page Owner for the Facebook Page you have connected to the system. This article will walk you through setting up Promoted Posts access for your Facebook Page.
3c. If you have not yet connected your Instagram to your Facebook Page, you will be prompted to do so. From here, you will need to navigate to facebook.com and log in as the Page Owner for the Facebook Page you have connected to the system. You can also do this by clicking the provided link for your Facebook Page
3c cont. You will then be taken to the Instagram section in your Facebook Settings where you can follow the steps below to connect.
Granting Access From Facebook
1. On a desktop browser, navigate to facebook.com and log in as the Page Owner for the Facebook Page you have connected to the system. From there, on the left hand navigation bar, click Pages.
2. On the left side of your screen, click on the Page you have connected to your account in the system.
3. From the new left hand navigation bar, click Settings.
4. And from there click Instagram on the left.
5. From within the Instagram section, click Connect Account.
6. From the pop-up that appears, click Continue.
7. And from there, be sure that you see the correct Instagram account listed. Once confirmed, click Continue as *IG HANDLE*.
8. After you refresh your page, you will see your Instagram as connected to your Facebook Page.
9. Please note, it can take up to an hour for Promoted Posts access to show as completed from your account in the system after finishing these steps on Facebook. Once it has completed, you will see a message that states You're All Set.