All users must connect their Google Analytics Account to their Blog connection in the system in order to be eligible for any Blog Projects. Before connecting your Google Analytics account to the system, you will need to check to ensure that the Default URL and Website URL set up within your Google Analytics account match the URL you entered into the system. This is a very important step, as the system will not be able to display the correct statistics to Marketers if these URLs differ. This article will walk you through setting up your Google Analytics for your Blog in the system.
Step 1: Log-in to Google Analytics:
1. Log-in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Click Admin, or the Gear Icon - this is located in the lower left corner of your screen.
3. Your page should now be split into 3 columns: Account, Property, and View.
Step 2: Verify Website URL:
1. Under the View Column, ensure that All Website Data is selected in the drop down menu and then click View Settings.
2. Ensure that the Website URL matches the URL you entered when connecting your Blog to the system.
3. Once your Website URL matches, proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Verify Default URL:
1. Click Admin, or the Gear Icon - this is located in the lower left corner of your screen.
2. Under the Property Column, ensure that the correct Blog Type Property is selected in the drop down menu and then click Property Settings.
3. Ensure that the Default URL matches the URL you entered when connecting your Blog to the system.
4. Once your Website URL matches, proceed to Step 4.
Step 4: Add Tracking ID/UA Code to your Blog:
1. While still viewing Property Settings, locate your Tracking ID/UA Code and copy it.
2 Navigate to your Blog and ensure that your Tracking ID/UA Code is added to it. This will vary per Blog platform. Please locate your Blog platform/host and refer to the support articles below to assist with how to add your Tracking ID/UA Code to your Blog:
To Connect Your Google Analytics To The System:
1. Log into your account in the system.
2. Click on your Avatar at the top of your account and then click Connections.
3. Your Blog connection will say "Issue Found" or "Missing Analytics" if it has been added to the system but is still awaiting Google Analytics. Hover over the red notification and click Add Analytics.
4. A pop-up window will appear. From here, you will need to login to the email account associated with your Google Analytics account. If it has auto-populated for you here, click it, otherwise click Use another account to sign into your correct Google Analytics account.
5. In the next screen of the pop-up window, you will need to click the blue Allow button to allow the system read-only access to your Google Analytics.
6. Congratulations, your Google Analytics has been successfully connected!